50% OFF Baker & Bray Collars & Leads
One Millionth Visitor at Chester's New Market

One Millionth Visitor at Chester's New Market

One Millionth Visitor at Chester's New Market

Ever since our market opened its doors in early November 2022, it has been a bustling hub of activity, attracting over one million visitors in less than six months. As a proud stall holder in Chester's vibrant market, Digby and Champ are thrilled to witness its growing popularity among locals and the increasing number of visitors from all corners of the UK and around the world. People are discovering the wonderful experience of shopping local and indulging in global culinary delights all under one roof.

The market's significance in revitalizing Chester's city center has not gone unnoticed by the travel industry. It has played a pivotal role in earning Chester the well-deserved recognition as one of the UK's best high streets and a must-visit destination, as acknowledged by National Geographic. Furthermore, the market has been shortlisted for the prestigious Property Week Awards in the Placemaking category.

The market is a realization of the Council's vision to create a "modern traditional market" as part of the Northgate Development Phase One scheme. It has truly become a thriving and inclusive space that caters to everyone's enjoyment. With a diverse array of produce, goods, food traders, as well as captivating events and performances, the market remains open six days a week.

Councillor Nathan Pardoe, Cabinet Member for Inclusive Economy, Regeneration, and Digital Transformation, expresses his awe at achieving such a remarkable milestone in less than six months. He commends the hard work and dedication of the exceptional traders and staff who have tirelessly contributed to the resounding success of the new market. As we approach the summer season, Chester anticipates even greater things, with new traders joining our vibrant community and the outdoor seating area providing an ideal spot to savour food and drinks in the warm sunshine. If you haven't had the opportunity to visit yet, we urge you to come and experience the unique attractions and rich heritage that Chester has to offer.

Our current market boasts a diverse mix of traders, with approximately 60 percent specializing in goods or produce, and the remaining 40 percent focusing on food and beverages. The culinary options are nothing short of extraordinary, with offerings including two cozy cafés, an indulgent ice cream and pudding parlour, authentic Thai, Bangladeshi, Mexican, and Vegan street-food stalls, a delightful seafood shack, a French patisserie, a fresh pasta kitchen for dine-in or take-away, Neapolitan pizzas, and an innovative establishment that transforms from a traditional English café during the day to a Mediterranean bistro in the evening.

Join us at Chester's new market, where a world of flavours and delights await.